Backlinks are incoming links to some website or website. In the major search engines optimization (SEO) world, the volume of backlinks is a indication of the popularity or significance of that website or page (though other measures, including Pagerank, are likely to be more important).Away from SEO, the backlinks of any webpage might be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who seems to be paying attention to that page.
Backlinks allow you to monitor other pages on the net that hyperlink to your posts. As an illustration, suppose Alice writes your blog entry that Bob finds interesting. Bob then would go to his blog and writes a post of his very own about it, linking straight back to Alice’s original post. Now Alice’s post will automatically show Bob has associated with it, and it will surely provide a short snippet of his text as well as a connect to his post.
Simple reason, the greater number of the buy links, the better the traffic. Suppose there is superb quality website developing a high pagerank.In case the site offers a link to backlink to your blog, your site has more likelihood of receiving good traffic. You could have seen people leaving their blog address because of their comment. It functions as a backlink.
Search engine listings often use the amount of backlinks that a blog or site has as among the most important factors for determining its google search ranking. Thus backlinks also improve Pagerank.
Now do you know what backlinks are. But how to get backlinks to your blog. It’s pretty easy but very less people follow these steps
1. Join forums and groups on Google and yahoo. Write articles, post queries and then leave your website address there.
2. Write comments on blogs having high Pagerank by leaving your website address there.
3. Post high quality articles on back11nks like Ariclecity, goarticles, etc and then leave your blog site address there.
4. Be sure your site has good content. If content is good then visitors may come back again.
5. Submit your website to popular blog directories. Submit to merely those that are having a higher Pagerank.
6. Join social bookmarking sites. These sites bring a lot of free traffic and moreover the traffic is send directly.
Adopt these measures plus your traffic may well be more than double in ninety days. One important point-Pagerank is calculated on the volume of backlinks but be sure you have backlinks on sites which have a Pagerank. In case you have backlinks on sites of low Pagerank then you definitely Pagerank will go down.